Thursday, August 09, 2007

Thought of the Day

Can one prefer non-judgementalism without making a judgement?

6 comments:

  1. No. That’s like post-modernists saying, “There are no absolutes. Well, accept for that previous statement. Other than that, everything is relative.” You can’t make any judgment without judging.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:14 AM

    No comment.


    Oh wait! Doh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was a very nuanced and fair statement caledon, if you will pardon my judgementalism.

    And SGS, I love the absolutely no absolutes comment. Absurdity is the logical end to may progessive/liberal arguments.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous2:05 PM

    But you can choose to not to make a choice. It just won’t be the same choice as the choice not to choose.

    :-S

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous5:32 PM

    Denis. Is there a way I can contact you privately without you giving out information that you don't want public? Maybe you have a junk email address? Otherwise, I can set up a temporary email address and post it. The only other way I can think of would be for you to enable comment moderation (temporarily) on your blog and then I could send you one of my personal email addresses. Afterwards you could turn off comment moderation. I hope I am not encroaching with this request.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Caledon, I don't know about all that techy stuff, but I would like very much to meet with/talk to you, provided you are not female, black, Muslim, liberal, etc... Just kidding of course. I wouldn't want anon to read this and overreact. Why not give me a call? My phone number is listed. Regarding your anonymity, be assured I will keep it that way if that is what you want. I look forward to hearing from you.

    ReplyDelete