Friday, July 13, 2007

For Your Amusement

I am selling my wares this weekend at a festival in Milwaukee. When I arrived at my booth, a lady was setting up her wares in my assigned location. I asked for the management of the event to resolve the problem, and they did so, in my favor. At which point, the woman became completely unglued. She claimed the decision was made in my favor because management was power hungry and sexist. She swore like a drunken sailor, in two languages nonetheless, and was ultimately removed from the event. It was quite an ugly display.

Her bumper sticker read "Loving Kindness Is My Religion".

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a great story. I wish I was there to see her freak out.

Anonymous said...

What other language did she swear in?

Anonymous said...

One more thing Denis. I have to ask. Do you have issues with women? You always seem to have a story to tell us about an irrational woman...

Denis Navratil said...

She was swearing in Chinese. FYI, the woman in question was mostly angry at the management of the event rather than me. Do I have issues with women? Do you mean generally or occasionally? Generally, no. Occasionally, yes. I have issues with people (regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation etc...) who's actions, behaviors, attitudes, philosophies etc... are absurd, harmful, hypocritical etc... Do you have a problem with that anon?

Anonymous said...

Nope, I have no problems with you Denis. I just noticed you rarely (if ever) bring up an irrational man story and I was wondering if you are one of those men who think when a woman stands up for herself she is automatically irrational?