Monday, July 13, 2009

Free Racine/LiberTEA Racine Social Gathering

All are welcome on Friday July 24th to the third annual Free Racine social event. And since there is considerable overlap between Free Racine and the goals of LiberTEA Racine, what the heck, let's combine the two for an evening. I will be a guest bartender at Asiana, one of my favorite restaurants downtown, on the evening of the 24th. Asiana is located at 423 6th Street in downtown Racine. Among the attendees, I hope, will be the Chun family, who are hoping to get a beer license for their prospective pantry to be located accross from Asiana. As you may know, LiberTea Racine has agreed to help the Chuns get their license and we may need your help. Anyway, the purpose of the evening will be to fill Asiana with customers, to fill yourself with excellent food and drink, to fulfill the goals of LiberTEA Racine, and to get your fill of me for another year. Let me know if you might attend. Thanks, Denis.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you and/or LiberTEA will throw your support for another 6th street entrepreneur, Park 6, I will attend.

Racine has to be more pro business and let people who want to invest in the community, do exactly that.

Downtown Brown said...

Anon 9:29, Perhaps LiberTEA Racine can help your cause as well. Feel free to contact me at Libertea@tds.net. I read about the problems Park 6 is facing. We're hosting a monthly meeting Thursday at 6 at my place, perhaps we can explore it at that time.

Denis Navratil said...

Anon writes:

"If you and/or LiberTEA will throw your support for another 6th street entrepreneur, Park 6, I will attend."

I must say anon that I find your quid pro quo proposal a bit distasteful. When LiberTEA Racine decides to take on an issue, it is because we believe it is the right thing to do. So join is on the 24th or don't. As for the Park 6 situation, I don't know what kind of support you are looking for. If you think your rights, or liberties, are somehow being violated, feel free to contact me. We will evaluate your situation objectively and support you, or not, whether you help the Chuns, or not. That said, I think it is in everyone's interest to support those who's liberties are being threatened, as you may never know when you might need support from others.

Downtown Brown said...

Hey Denis, What Time on Friday?

Denis Navratil said...

7pm. See you there.